Sunday, April 3, 2011

KDUP: a hidden oddball community on campus, or why you should stick to one type of camera while filming

If this is the first post you have read from this blog, please read some of the other posts below or via the archives to help you understand my approach to this topic.  WARNING: some are longer posts or appear to be; blame my love for the narrow look.

Continuing the examination of clubs I am involved with, (LXG), is KDUP, the campus's radio station.

I have been involved since my freshman year to provide an outlet for my fascination with radio. I have had different formats (music, talk/current events, radio drama) and currently serve as Web Technician, attempting to maintain the website and the programming schedule.

Outside of office hours, I have two shows on KDUP.

I start my weekends with my show "Up to Something" Fridays from 4-5 pm, in which I try to report and understand what happened over the last week while also providing a P-Safe Report and Dinner update fr anyone who ever happens to be listening at the end of the show.

I end my weekends on "Animorphs: the Radio Drama, UNCENSORED", Sundays 10pm-Midnight, in which I and two others read the "Animorphs" book series about five young teens who have the ability to morph into animals defending the Earth from a parasitic race called the "Yeerks."

From its start as a house for St. Mary's Lounge's cook before the days of the Commons, to the brink of a technological upgrade, I thought it was time to present the station through the DJs themselves.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment